Village Hall


The Hall, on the site of the old fairgreen, was designed by the Architect W.Clifford Smith and was first commissioned in 1909. The Earl of Dunraven engaged the young English architect because he had designed a similar building (minus the hall) for the Shannon Rowing Club in Limerick, winning a competition in 1902.

It was constructed in an English Tudor style, with a dormer two story front facade, complete with well crafted cut and dressed limestone, as well as lean-to dormer windows, symmetrical hipped roof and gables.

Two internal meeting rooms are located on the ground and first levels. An interconnecting large hall building, complete with a performance stage, toilets, storage rooms and a kitchen, is located at the rear of the front dormer building.
The facility is held in trust for use as a versatile venue for the local community to meet for organised events. A volunteer committee is responsible for managing regular events, as well as finance, cleaning and maintenance activities.

The facility is available for class activity events, group or personal bookings and for meetings throughout the year. Phone: 087-6732071 (Tom O’Keeffe – Secretary) for further details.